Une Canadienne Errante

That's me! Just another wandering Canadian, moving around the globe, always looking for my next adventure and my next destination! I started this blog because, before I made the decision to move to Mongolia, I wanted to see what my new city would look like, but all I could find when I searched for images of Mongolia were landscape images. I had no clue what Ulaanbaatar looked like right up until the day I landed. This blog was born so maybe other people might have a better sense of what Ulaanbaatar looks like, if they want or need to know. I've been an expatriate in Ulaanbaatar since September, but before that, I lived in Korea, Kuwait, and France. I'm considering moving to Myanmar in June-- I'll keep you posted. I'm kind of a homebody and a loner, but I also like to walk around a lot, which provides plenty of opportunities for pictures and observations. Being a loner, I rarely share my observations with others, but I'll share some here. I never proofread and rarely edit, so sorry in advance for all the typoes that are likely to sneak their way into this blog.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Restaurants

This restaurant is close-ish to where I live, and it always reminds me of Valentine's Day.  I'd like to go in and see what the food is like, but I haven't, yet, because I don't know enough about Mongolian food to order something tasty (I know-- the only way to figure out what's tasty is to try it all), I can't read cyrrillic very well yet, so I'll look like an idiot when I try to order, and I'm trying to be very frugal at the moment, which means cooking at home instead of eating at restaurants, even if the restaurant is ridiculously cheap, as I suspect this one is.  Oh well, I think I'm pretty decent cook, and I really like my own cooking!

But seriously, I do have to try this restaurant.  I noticed yesterday an incredibly similar restaurant in a different part of Ulaanbaatar, so now I'm wondering if this isn't a chain.  Also, on the other restaurant, I noticed a word in cyrillic that looked like "russky", which makes me wonder if these restaurants don't serve Russian food... mmmm, perohy!

No comments:

Post a Comment