Une Canadienne Errante

That's me! Just another wandering Canadian, moving around the globe, always looking for my next adventure and my next destination! I started this blog because, before I made the decision to move to Mongolia, I wanted to see what my new city would look like, but all I could find when I searched for images of Mongolia were landscape images. I had no clue what Ulaanbaatar looked like right up until the day I landed. This blog was born so maybe other people might have a better sense of what Ulaanbaatar looks like, if they want or need to know. I've been an expatriate in Ulaanbaatar since September, but before that, I lived in Korea, Kuwait, and France. I'm considering moving to Myanmar in June-- I'll keep you posted. I'm kind of a homebody and a loner, but I also like to walk around a lot, which provides plenty of opportunities for pictures and observations. Being a loner, I rarely share my observations with others, but I'll share some here. I never proofread and rarely edit, so sorry in advance for all the typoes that are likely to sneak their way into this blog.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I hope this bad week turns around real soon

Yesterday was a bad day.  My school was three days late paying me my salary this month.  And I really needed it!  And it was my first salary that I received from them, so they even had me worried about whether they were the type of place that regularly pays their employees or not.  And they have my passport because they were going to "help" me register with the government, but that was three weeks ago, and I still don't have my passport back, and when I ask about it, they get angry at me.  Well, at least now they've paid me part of my salary (but not all that I was expecting) and they've offered to put a computer in my apartment, which will be great because then I can blog at home instead of at work (oh yeah, and I can do some work from home, too, like preparing for lessons and I also keep a different blog for my students).  So, things are shaping up today, I guess.  I hope.  If I also get my passport back this week, things are definitely shaping up a lot.  Here's to hoping!



No comments:

Post a Comment