Une Canadienne Errante

That's me! Just another wandering Canadian, moving around the globe, always looking for my next adventure and my next destination! I started this blog because, before I made the decision to move to Mongolia, I wanted to see what my new city would look like, but all I could find when I searched for images of Mongolia were landscape images. I had no clue what Ulaanbaatar looked like right up until the day I landed. This blog was born so maybe other people might have a better sense of what Ulaanbaatar looks like, if they want or need to know. I've been an expatriate in Ulaanbaatar since September, but before that, I lived in Korea, Kuwait, and France. I'm considering moving to Myanmar in June-- I'll keep you posted. I'm kind of a homebody and a loner, but I also like to walk around a lot, which provides plenty of opportunities for pictures and observations. Being a loner, I rarely share my observations with others, but I'll share some here. I never proofread and rarely edit, so sorry in advance for all the typoes that are likely to sneak their way into this blog.

Friday, October 29, 2010

ARGH!

Dels are really cool.  What's so cool about them is that you see people wearing them everywhere.   It's traditional clothing that people (albeit, mostly old-timers) actually still wear around town.

I wish I could be all happy and cheery in this post, because the man's outfit in this picture is totally awesome and because it's Halloween, , and just, in general, I wish I were happy and cheery, but I'm not.  You see, there was an incident yesterday at work.  You see, my camera went missing.  I started searching for it.  I knew exactly when the last time I had it was, but nonetheless, I looked everywhere.  I searched the area around my desk.  I searched that area five times.  The more I looked, the more frantic I got.  A few of my coworkers started to help me search.  I told my boss my camera was missing.  She made everyone join the search.  Suddenly, my camera was "found" by my desk, under my chair.  My camera was NOT there when I searched my desk area the five other times.  I know, because I had moved everything (including the chair) in that area searching for my camera and it definitely wasn't there.  So, my camera magically reappears, and then my boss lays in to me (in front of all my coworkers) about accusing my coworkers of stealing from me.  I try telling her that my camera had definitely not been under my chair, and she says that I just missed seeing it.  No fuckin way (I didn't actually say that, though).  I tell her that it's possible, just possible that someone put it back there when they realised that the entire school was now searching for my camera.  She says no, she SAW three people all find my camera at the same time, and I feel like a retard.  I don't understand how that is possible, because I definitely looked under my chair, and it definitely wasn't there, but if three (essentially four) people all found my camera at the same time, it must be true.  Then, she continues to demean and demoralise me (in a very condescending, nasty way), and a few minutes later, she lets slip that three people TOLD her that they found the camera under the chair together.  I ask her, which is it? did you SEE three people find the camera or did three people TELL you they found the camera.  She says there is no difference.  I say there's a huge difference.  Then she says, it's okay, no one will steal your camera again.  I retort sarcastically, yeah, they won't steal it again.  She lays into me for "making fun" of her English.  I wasn't making fun of her English.  Her English is pretty marvelous.  If she let slip the word "again", deep down, I think she knows what really happened.  In the end, I guess it's okay because at least I got my camera back and I know what really happened, and I guess that's all that matters.  But I'm upset because I was the victim there, but in the end, I was made to look and feel like a giant foolish shithead.  I have to go into work now, and I don't want to go.  I may be a whitey, but I'm not Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy, or any other fictional character with a bag full of endless goodies.  The expression "what's mine is yours" is only an expression.  Don't take it too literally.  It does not mean you can help yourself to my camera.  And besides, I never once said to you "what's mine is yours", so just fuck off my stuff, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment