Une Canadienne Errante

That's me! Just another wandering Canadian, moving around the globe, always looking for my next adventure and my next destination! I started this blog because, before I made the decision to move to Mongolia, I wanted to see what my new city would look like, but all I could find when I searched for images of Mongolia were landscape images. I had no clue what Ulaanbaatar looked like right up until the day I landed. This blog was born so maybe other people might have a better sense of what Ulaanbaatar looks like, if they want or need to know. I've been an expatriate in Ulaanbaatar since September, but before that, I lived in Korea, Kuwait, and France. I'm considering moving to Myanmar in June-- I'll keep you posted. I'm kind of a homebody and a loner, but I also like to walk around a lot, which provides plenty of opportunities for pictures and observations. Being a loner, I rarely share my observations with others, but I'll share some here. I never proofread and rarely edit, so sorry in advance for all the typoes that are likely to sneak their way into this blog.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Feeling Bleh!

I got very sick yesterday.  Well, it was the sickest I've been in close to a year, anyway.  I'm not sure if it was a very mild flu or if it was food poisoning, but I just felt sucky.  Since I've decided to not get a phone here in UB, I couldn't call into work, so I had to go to my part-time job, hoping they would send me home.  I couldn't have called in to work anyway because people tend to not believe me when I say that I am sick (I was actually misdiagnosed as a hypochondriac once when in fact I have a degenerative autoimmune disease).  So, I went to work, felt sucky, went to the bathroom and threw up, and yep, I did get sent home.  My boss forced me to drink some Theraflu and then she drove me home (that was nice, or else I would have been stuck on public transportation in that state), and I went straight back to bed.  I've slept for close to two days straight now and I feel close to 90% of normal!  Huzzah!  I will go in to work tonight, even if I'm not 100% my normal, bouncy teacher self.

Incidentally, speaking of being sick, my first thought when I saw this bus was that the Easter Bunny must have thrown up all over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment