Une Canadienne Errante

That's me! Just another wandering Canadian, moving around the globe, always looking for my next adventure and my next destination! I started this blog because, before I made the decision to move to Mongolia, I wanted to see what my new city would look like, but all I could find when I searched for images of Mongolia were landscape images. I had no clue what Ulaanbaatar looked like right up until the day I landed. This blog was born so maybe other people might have a better sense of what Ulaanbaatar looks like, if they want or need to know. I've been an expatriate in Ulaanbaatar since September, but before that, I lived in Korea, Kuwait, and France. I'm considering moving to Myanmar in June-- I'll keep you posted. I'm kind of a homebody and a loner, but I also like to walk around a lot, which provides plenty of opportunities for pictures and observations. Being a loner, I rarely share my observations with others, but I'll share some here. I never proofread and rarely edit, so sorry in advance for all the typoes that are likely to sneak their way into this blog.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

10 Things That Make Me Happy

As you might be able to tell from my last post, I've been down lately.  I've gotta snap out of that.  So, here is a list of ten things that make me happy:


*Walking.  Walking around with not destination or purpose, just for the sake of walking.  I love walking, and I love that I am able to walk.

*Going to the ballet or opera every Saturday or Sunday night.

*My students.  I don't love teaching, although when I'm having a bad day, without realising it, without trying, and without fail, my students are always able to cheer me up.

*The new boy I met last weekend.  I know I've only known him for less than a week, but he seems like such a sweetheart.

*Pictures of my family.

*Talking to my family.

*Traveling.  It can be stressful, but I love seeing new places.

*Feeling in control: of my life, my health, my finances, everything.

*Shopping.  I can't do as much of that here in Ulaanbaatar because there is a considerable dearth of shops, but there are some cute souvenirs here, and that's fun.

*Eating.  I.Adore.Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment